User-agent: Google Allow: A Simple Guide to Medical Conditions: BIRD FLU

Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

BIRD FLU

DOC I HAVE BIRD FLU

Bird Flu or more correctly, avian flu is new strain of influenza virus H5N1 which can infect humans.

It has been around for 1987 and was expected to be the next big pandemic to hit the world.

Millions of birds and poultry has been culled all these countries especially in Thailand and China.

Just in December 2011 there has been a few cases found in Hong Kong where culling of poultry has been done .

The number of cases of avian flu in humans in the current outbreak is very small, and almost all have come about by direct contact with infected or dead birds or poultry.

The first outbreak of bird flu occurred in 1987 . Since then the bird flu have claimed at least 306 human lives in Azerbaijan, Cambodia, China, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Laos, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam.

Just as recent as December 2011 one woman in Shenzhen which is in southern China died of bird flu(H5N1).

On January 7th 2012 another person also died of Bird flu in Indonesia.

Central to the problem of dealing with bird flu is diagnosis.
A number of upper respiratory infections have similar symptoms—at least at the onset of the illness, including the common cold, seasonal influenza, and bird flu.

Seasonal flu and bird flu have almost identical symptoms:
1.fever,
2.cough,
3.malaise (feeling unwell),
4.nausea,
5.vomiting,
6.diarrhea.

The Multiplexed Respiratory Test, discriminates influenza A from influenza B and identifies the H5-subtype of influenza A (bird flu is “H5N1”) from all other H subtypes.
In addition, it can identify almost all the other common—and some uncommon—viruses that cause influenza-like illnesses.

Preparation to treat a bird flu epidemic:
1. The single most important thing for an epidemic such as avian bird flu is to have well-prepared local health care systems.

2. Regular hand washing, and other beneficial cleanliness custom may save more lives than all other medicines combined.

3. The proper recognition and prizes should be given to those who have come up with effective vaccines for the avian bird flu disease. On the same note, vaccine makers should be given the freedom to make use of state materials needed for the vaccines.

4. Relevant drugs and vaccines for the avian bird flu disease should be bought and sold at fair prices.

5. Make preparations to ensure the continuity of food and power supplies.

6. It is therefore appropriate to have local health authorities ready to be used when the situation calls for it.

7. Encourage the formation of prediction markets about the avian bird flu epidemic.

8. There should be useful information about the progress of avian flu.

This will be especially useful in some Asian countries where the avian bird flu epidemic is expected to be rampant.

9. The World Health Organization should be prepared for such a bird flu epidemic.

During an avian bird flu epidemic, there are also things that should not be done:
1. Tamiflu and vaccine stockpiling have their useful roles.

In addition to the medical limitations of these investments(Tamiflu is losing its effect on most influenza because of their frequent use especially in Hong Kong), other institutional factors, such as transportation, will restrict the ability to allocate these supplies promptly to the persons needing them(healthcare and emergency staff)

2. Quarantines and mass isolations are useless in a bird flu epidemic.

3. In an avian bird flu epidemic  the health authorities must be in full control of the situation

4. It is pointless to block off or isolate the pandemic in its country of origin.It may have spread abroad already. Besides birds are migratory.

5.Public places such as schools and marketplaces should be closed immediately to be on the safe side.

5. People should not obsess over avian bird flu at the expense of other medical issues.

34 comments:

fggggaaad said...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thao Roysden said...

I’m impressed, I must say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a weblog that’s each educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you will have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the problem is something that not enough persons are talking intelligently about. I am very blissful that I stumbled across this in my search for one thing relating to this.

what is my spirit animal said...

I believe this is among the so much significant information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to commentary on few general things, The web site taste is wonderful, the articles is actually excellent : D. Excellent task, cheers

Kevin said...

Wonderful blog post. This is a extremely interesting blog post. Thanks!

klikk her said...

Nice blog. Very intriguing and well composed blog. I will come again soon.

Anna Joneson said...

Thanks for this post. Very fascinating and excellently penned blog. I wish to find others in the near future.

Sam Salo said...

I couldn't agree more.

josephine said...

Truly fascinating post. Pretty entertaining and well penned blog post. I hope to discover others in future.

George said...

Extremely intriguing blog. I felt your blog post was extremely riveting. I look forward to discover more such very soon.

nettebladet said...

Highly intriguing post. Truly interesting and accurately composed blog post. I will return soon.

roberta said...

Nice post. This was a really riveting post. I will visit again soon.

klikk her said...

Engrossing post - kudos. Extremely intriguing and accurately published post. I will drop by again in the near future.

Anna Joneson said...

Much appreciation for this blog post. Very intriguing and professionally published blog. I will come back soon.

jophaline said...

Kudos for this post. You constantly publish a engrossing post. I wish to find more such soon.

Garmin 1490t Problems said...

Hi there, I observed this blog once, then lost it. Took me forever to arrive back and discover it. I wanted to view what comments you got. Excellent blog by the way.

Garmin 1490t said...

Pretty beneficial post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have incredibly enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing for your feed and I hope you post once again soon.

Import taxes Australia said...

Excellent to see a blog article that somebody's really put a considerable amount of thought & research in to for a change. Some articles are getting very predictable now a days, it truly is good to find one which breaks the mould.

long island tuxedos said...

Sup , I am making a new wiki site and I think some of your articles would really fit in well. Would you let me link back to think article for my readers?

Thurman Boarts said...

I think other site owners should take this website as a model - very clean and magnificent style and design, not to mention the content. You're an expert in this topic!

Agustin Lehnherr said...

As a site owner I believe the subject matter here is really wonderful. I thank you for your hard work. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck..

Ariel Floro said...

I’ve recently started a web site, and the information you offer on this site has helped me a lot. Thank you for all of your time & work.

Cary Shuster said...

I like what you guys are doing. Such clever work and reporting! Carry on with the excellent works guys. I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site. :)

Archie Eppler said...

I have not checked in here for some time since I thought it was getting boring, but the last handful of posts are really great quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend. :)

Zelma Alier said...

Great – I should certainly say I'm impressed with your blog. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related information. The site ended up being truly simple to access. Nice job.

Lu Filzen said...

Hiya, I am really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is actually frustrating. A good website with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this website, and I'll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters? I Can not find it.

Andrea Valdez said...

Nice read. I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. He actually bought me lunch as I found it for him! Therefore let me rephrase: Thanx for lunch!

Domingo Armeli said...

I have recently started a blog, and the info you provide on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

Rudolph Reekie said...

Hello could I use some of the insight from this post if I reference you with a link back to your site?

Augustina Wehrle said...

Extremely superior content. We basically discovered the web page and also desired to be able to point out in which We have actually liked looking through the blog page and also content. Anyways I’ll become following the nourish and also My partner and i expect to be able to study the blog page all over again.

kennethk said...

You can link back to my site

Bradley said...

interesting information! i am curious to read more!

nettbladet said...

interessant informasjon. Hvor kan jeg finne mer om dette emnet?

CLICK HERE said...

amazing stuff! thanks

Peter North said...

interesting information! where did you get it? i am curious to read more!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Clicktale

Click and bookmark these Social Networking Bookmarks

Social Bookmarking bookmark at folkd

Labels

Is the medical Guide simple enough?

Ads by Adbrite